Discover the best of Istanbul with this compact, practical, entertaining Pocket Rough Guide.
This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights the Blue Mosque, Istanbul Modern, Church of the Pammakaristos and Galata Tower, restaurants, shops, cafés and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from expert authors.
Features of Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul:
– Practical travel tips: what to see and where to sleep, eat, drink and shop – Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul features specially selected recommendations to suit all tastes and budgets
– Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our expert writers will help you make the most of your trip to Istanbul
– Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering the Grand Bazaar District, Sultanahmet and Asian Istanbul and more, the practical Places section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink, sleep and shop
– Time-saving itineraries: the routes suggested by Rough Guides’ expert writers cover top attractions like the Blue Mosque and The Grand Mall, and hidden gems like Cihangir and Basilica Cistern
– Day-trips – venture further afield to the Princes’ Islands or the Bosphorus. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive.
– Compact format: packed with pertinent practical information, this guide is the perfect companion when you’re out and about exploring Istanbul
– Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout
– Essentials: includes invaluable background information on how to get to Istanbul, getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Sultanahmet, Topkapi Palace to the Golden Horn, Grand Bazaar District, Northwest quarter and the land walls, Galata and the waterfront districts, Beyoglu and Taksim, Besiktas and Ortaköy, Asian Istanbul, the Bosphorus and Princes’ Island