Discover this beguiling destination with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to watch turtles lay their eggs at Ras Al Jinz, shop for bargains at the labyrinthine Muttrah Souk or hike the Hajar mountains, The Rough Guide to Oman will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the historic quarter of Old Muscat or plot your route along the Rustaq Loop without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Oman’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Muscat; the Hajar mountains; Nizwa; Al Hamra; Al Batinah; Seeb; Barka; the Rustaq Loop; the Musandam peninsula;Khasab; Sharqiya; Sur; Saiq Plateau; Dhofar.
Attractions include: Sultan Qaboos Mosque; Jebel Shams; Jabrin Fort; Khor ash Sham; Jebel Harim; Ras al Jinz; Wahiba Sands; souks; wadis.
Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, and more.
Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, wildlife and recommended books, with a useful language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Oman